Our Glass Bottle
We chose glass as it’s amazing - the most environmentally friendly material available.
Top reasons for using glass:
- Non-toxic - safe to be in contact with food and drink. It doesn’t contain any chemicals.
- Inert - it won’t react with its content.
- It doesn’t change the products taste or colour.
- Transparent and impermeable – you see what you're getting and it’s a durable barrier against everything from weather to bacteria.
- 100% infinitely recyclable – it can be recycled over and over and over again!
- Sustainable – it’s made using natural, raw materials of sand, soda and limestone
- And let’s be honest - Everything looks better and tastes better in Glass
Glass Recycling Cycle
- We throw it into a recycle bin
- It’s taken from the bin to a glass treatment plant
- There it’s sorted by colour and washed to remove impurities
- Then it’s crushed, melted and moulded into new products
- The glass is then sent back into the chain to be used again
- Glass doesn’t degrade through the recycling process, so it can be recycled endlessly
Recycling is an excellent way of saving energy and conserving the environment. 1 recycled glass bottle would save enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes.